1. Who is your main Point of View character?
2. What is the inciting incident or problem and in what way does it effect her life?
3. What emotional state is she in at the beginning? And at the end?
4. What does she want? What are her aims and goal, and what does that tell us about her?
5. Many obstacles must stand in her way. What is her flaw that prevents her from attaining her goal, and which traits will help her to overcome them in the end?
6. What is at stake? How high are the stakes? What will she lose if she doesn’t achieve her objective?
7. Why should the reader care? They need to be emotionally involved, understand her flaws and be willing her to succeed. Motivation. Motivation. Motivation is the secret.
8. What does she learn along this hazardous journey? How does she confront her demons and develop as a person?
9. The darkest hour will come when it seems as if she has lost everything. This will be followed by the climax when, largely by her own efforts and certainly not luck or a Prince Charming riding to her rescue, she wins through.
10. How does her story end? Redemption and resolution. Major problem finally solved and a satisfying end for the reader.