12.11.14

Book Launch for The Amber Keeper





I enjoyed a wonderful book launch, held at Sizergh Castle restaurant last Friday for my new book, The Amber Keeper, published by Amazon publishing in their Lake Union Imprint.

I appreciate that book launches are not essential these days as the market has changed, but it was a wonderful excuse for a party and an opportunity to meet up with old friends. It also gave me the chance to meet with new readers, which was lovely.



The event was organised by my daughter who is the catering manager there. What an amazing team she has working with her. It was a really friendly and glamorous event.

In the entrance was a display of flowers and the books.

And here is the cake they made. Wouldn't you just love a slice?


I gave a short talk telling how my career had progressed from writing short stories on a sit-up-and-beg typewriter, then historical romances for Mills & Boon on a Lettera 22 portable, and on to sagas for Hodder & Stoughton, first on an Amstred 9512 before moving on to an all singing, all dancing computer. Now we're in the age of tablets and ereaders and digital. A fascinating revolution. But I do like to keep a foot in the print market too.


I sold loads of books, which was great. Here is hubby doing his bit selling them while I am busy signing.
 
 


Photographs taken by Gary Everatt.
The Amber Keeper available from Amazon UK and Amazon US
 

No comments:

Post a Comment